Department forms and letterhead
- MSU Letter Head (black)
- MSU Letter Head (green)
- Student Time Sheet 2015-2016
- Temporary Labor Time Sheet 2015-2016
Here are a few reminders regarding time sheets:
- Timesheets are due Mondays by 5 p.m. Timesheets turned in late will be processed in the following pay period.
- Students and Temporary Employees must have their time accounted for and recorded accurately.
- Any time beyond 40 hours per week must be paid at time and a half. Banking hours to avoid overtime pay is unallowed.
- Students can only work 29 hours per week while classes are in session.
- Please make sure students and temps are recording their correct accounts and sub-accounts on time sheets.
- Minutes need to be converted to the tenths when recording total minutes worked per day. See minutes to tenths conversion sheet for your reference.
Grant proposal preparation
- Entomology Department proposal initiation form
- Graduate Assistant Pay Rates 2015-2021
- Graduate Assistant Fringe chart 2016-2022
- USDA NIFA Budget template
- Grant propsal deadlines
Logos, branding and communications
- View Entomology’s Logos and branding page to see commonly used logos, colors and other MSU brand tools for you to use.
- Visit The MSU Brand website for much more resources available to you.
- MSU Academics Communications Toolkit: Why you should communicate beyond journals and peers and how to do it.
Promotion and tenure
- CANR Faculty Mentoring Policy
- Demystifying Promotion to Associate Professor
- Demystifying Reappointment as Assistant Professor
- Demystifying Promotion to Professor
- Academic specialist promotion procedures
Reserve space with these links to calendars:
- CIPS Insectary reservation site
- CIPS conference room reservation site. This calendar is only accessible in the CIPS building on computers connected to the wired Ethernet network.
Seminars and faculty meetings
The Entomology faculty meetings for the 2016/2017 academic year have been set. Faculty meetings are scheduled for the third Friday of the month from 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in the Gordon Guyer Conference Room, 244 Natural Science, unless otherwise noted.
2016 faculty meeting dates
- Sept. 16
- Oct. 21
- Nov. 18
- Dec. 16
2017 faculty meeting dates
- Jan. 20
- Feb. 17
- March 17
- April 21
- May 19
Laboratories in the department are inspected every 1 to 2 years by the MSU Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) office. A pre-inspection checklist should be filled out by individual labs prior to an inspection. This checklist provides a quick way to see if your lab is in compliance in a few key areas. EHS inspectors use a more detailed checklist when they inspect labs.
If you have questions about lab safety and regulations, the MSU Chemical Hygiene Plan provides detailed information about PI and employee responsibilities, training, safe operating procedures in labs, safe handling/storage/disposal of chemicals, and emergency procedures. At the end of the plan, appendices list specific chemicals that require special handling or hazard labeling due to flammability, corrosiveness, cancer hazard, etc. EHS-approved hazard labels are below. All of these labels are designed to print on an Avery 5160 address label or similar sheet, except for the small bulk hazard diamonds. These print on a solid label sheet.
- Ethanol Samples (put on trays or shelves housing samples in EtOh)
- Flammable (for example, use on ethanol bottles)
- Non-hazardous (for example, use on water bottles)
- Peroxide Former
- Poison (for example, use on insecticide samples)
- Small bulk hazard diamonds (for small containers)