Click on the links below to jump down to a certain part of this page for easy navigation.
- Classification of insect orders
- Computers and technology services
- Department forms and letterhead
- Entomology farm
- Grant proposal preparation
- Lab safety
- Logos, branding and communications
- Promotion and tenure
- RCR - Responsible Conduct of Research
- Reservation calendars
- Seminars and faculty meetings
- Technical staff employee excellence forms
- Title IX - sex discrimination, sexual harassment and violence
Contact ANR Technology Services for setup or repairs related to computers and digital devices.
- Submit a ticket to ANR Technology Services for a service request (uses HEAT software):
- Clerical-Technical Employee Time Sheet 2016-2017
- Student Time Sheet 2017
- Temporary Labor Time Sheet 2017
- MSU Letter Head (black)
- MSU Letter Head (green)
Here are a few reminders regarding time sheets:
- Timesheets are due on the listed due date by 5 p.m. Timesheets turned in late will be processed in the following pay period.
- Students and Temporary Employees must have their time accounted for and recorded accurately.
- Timesheets must be signed in ink; electronic and pencil signatures will not be accepted.
- Any time beyond 40 hours per week must be paid at time and a half. Banking hours to avoid overtime pay is unallowed. Students can only work 29 hours per week while classes are in session.
- Please make sure students and temps are recording their correct accounts and sub-accounts on time sheets. Timesheets without an account number listed will not be accepted.
- Minutes need to be converted to the tenths when recording total minutes worked per day. Minutes to tenths conversion sheet.
- NEW MSU Research Administration Project. Support documents for using MSU’s new website for managing proposals and grants.
- Entomology Department proposal initiation form
- Graduate Assistant Pay Rates 2015-2021
- Graduate Assistant Fringe chart 2016-2022
- USDA NIFA Budget template
- Grant propsal deadlines
Visit the Lab Safety page for a list of hazard labels and more information about lab safety.
- View Entomology’s Logos and branding page to see commonly used logos, colors and other MSU brand tools for you to use.
- Visit The MSU Brand website for much more resources available to you.
- MSU Academics Communications Toolkit: Why you should communicate beyond journals and peers and how to do it.
- CANR Faculty Mentoring Policy
- Demystifying Promotion to Associate Professor
- Demystifying Reappointment as Assistant Professor
- Demystifying Promotion to Professor
- Academic specialist promotion procedures
- MSU Graduate School’s resources for teaching responsible conduct of research, scholarship, and creative activities.
- RCR PowerPoint presentations on each of the federal Office of Research Integrity topics—with explanatory notes—that can be used as assigned readings and as foundational material for guided discussions.
Reserve space with these links to calendars:
- CIPS Insectary reservation site
- CIPS conference room reservation site. This calendar is only accessible in the CIPS building on computers connected to the wired Ethernet network.
- Spring 2017 Seminar Series
- Faculty meetings are held the third Friday of the month, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in the Gordon Guyer Conference Room, 244 Natural Science, unless otherwise noted. The 2017 dates are Jan. 20, Feb. 17, March 17, April 21, May 19.
- Performance Planning form
- Annual Review Form Instructions
- Annual Review form
- Goal Setting and Development Plan form (optional)
- MSU Entomology supports cultivating a safe and inclusive campus community that is free of sex discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual violence. For resources, making a report or to understand policies, see the MSU Title IX website.