People often ask about these insects. Here are our quick links to information about: , ,, , , and . For more information about these insects or others, ask one of our entomology Extension contacts by area.
(Left photo): Watch a webinar on smart gardening for bees conducted by MSU entomologist Rufus Isaacs. (Right photo): Read our faculty insect pest updates for agriculture as well as gardening and the Green Industry at the MSU Extension website.
Services and programs
- Diagnostic Services: A lab offering plant health and pest diagnostics.
- Enviro-weather: Weather-based pest, natural resource and production management tools.
- Integrated Pest Management. (IPM)
- MSU Extension News: Pests, crops and more.
- MSU Extension
- MSU Extension Bookstore
- Museum - Cook Arthropod Research Collection
- Pesticide Safety Education Program: Resources for pesticide applicators.
- Resistance Pest Management
- Trevor Nichols Research Center
- USDA North Central Integrated Pest Management Center
Insect-specific web sites
Home and yard
- New: Growing flowering plants that are safe for pollinators in the yard and garden (12-5-2014)
- Gardening in Michigan
- IPM at your house: What can you do?
- MSU Extension’s Home and Gardening News
- What’s Bugging You? Easy and entertaining reading regarding common home insect pests and problems.
Insects and crops
- Apples: Great apples in Michigan and beyond.
- Blueberries: Blueberry IPM, Michigan blueberry facts.
- Cherries: Cherry IPM, Michigan cherry facts.
- Grapes: Integrated vineyard management.
- MSU Extension News
- Organic Fruit Research and Extension
- Berry Crops Entomology
- Tree Fruit Entomology Program
- Vegetable Entomology
- Native Plants and Ecosystem Services including how to attract natural enemies and pollinators
- Biological control: identifying natural enemies
Other web sites of interest by MSU entomologists
- Center for Global Change and Earth Observations
- Garlic mustard: Managing this invasive weed
- Organic Agriculture: MSU Organic Pest Management
Order publications from the MSU Extension Bookstore, or call the bulletin office at 517-353-6740.
- A Pocket Guide for IPM Scouting in Herbaceous Perennials
- An IPM Pocket Guide for Weed Identification in Christmas Trees
- An IPM Pocket Guide for Weed Identification in Nurseries and Landscapes
- Identifying Natural Enemies in Crops and Landscapes
- A Pocket Guide to IPM Scouting in Highbush Blueberries
- A Pocket Guide for Grape IPM Scouting in the North Central & Eastern U.S
- A Pocket IPM Scouting Guide for Woody Landscape Plants
- A Pocket Guide for IPM Scouting in Stone Fruits (also in Spanish)
- A Pocket Guide for IPM Scouting in Michigan Apples (also in Spanish)
- A Pocket Guide to Disease Scouting in Michigan Potatoes
- Integrated Weed Management: One Year’s Seeding
- A Practical Guide for Scouting Apple Orchards DVD
- Fruit Crop Ecology and Management