Thank you for choosing the Department of Entomology’s Bug House. On a trip to the Bug House, your guide will introduce you to the fascinating world of insects. Each guide is a graduate student in the Department of Entomology and has a diverse knowledge of insects and the interesting things they do. Each guide’s tour is slightly different depending on their particular area of interest and presentation style.
Bug House hours
The Bug House is open to the public during the following 2016 open houses:
- Monday Night Open House: Monday, Sept. 12 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Monday Night Open House: Monday, Oct. 10 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Halloween Open House: Saturday, Oct. 29 from 1-4 p.m.
- Monday Night Open House: Monday, Nov. 14 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Monday Night Open House: Monday, Dec. 12 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Holiday Open House: Tuesday, Dec. 27 from 1-4 p.m.
The Bug House relies on fees for tours and events along with donations to cover our costs.
Bug House Tours - $50 for a 1 hour educational program with 2 guides—limit 30 children/adults.
Special Open House Events for the General Public - (Halloween, Christmas, and summer events in June, July, August). Admission is free, but a donation is greatly appreciated.
We greatly appreciate your patronage and sincerely hope that you will continue to enjoy our outreach programs. Thank you for your support.
Where are we located?
The Bug House is located in rooms 146-147 of the Natural Science Building (click for map) on the Michigan State University campus.
Department of Entomology Bug House
Natural Science Building
288 Farm Lane Room 147
East Lansing, MI 48824