Come visit MSU’s Bug House, where you can see, touch or even hold some real creepy crawlers!
- Did you know there are more kinds of beetles in Michigan than there are varieties of birds on Earth?
- Did you know that a cricket’s ears are on its knees and flies have taste buds on their feet?
- How about that an ant can lift 50 times its own weight, the equivalent of a human lifting two small cars?
A visit to the Bug House will explain all these fascinating facts and more. In addition to viewing the amazing pinned displays, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with a whole room of insects, including walking sticks and tarantulas! Don’t forget to visit our Facebook page to see lots of great photos and keep up-to-date with events and information. You can also view our calendar to see upcoming events. Don’t forget to print our flier.
Tours are offered with an appointment Monday through Friday and are designed for all ages in groups of 30 or fewer. There is a $50 fee for a one-hour tour of 30 or fewer participants. The MSU Bug House is located in rooms 146-147 of the .
Department of Entomology Bug House
Natural Science Building
288 Farm Lane Room 147
East Lansing, MI 48824
Bug House Halloween Open House brings in 150 visitors and a surprise donation
The Department of Entomology’s Bug House held its annual Halloween Open House on Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, where it drew in around 150 children and adults between 1-4 p.m., including Brad Seyffert, a 10-year-old Mason boy who donated supplies to the Bug House for his birthday wish.
Insects jammin’ at new MSU art musuem
This May, insects had their day at MSU‘s Broad Art Museum jamming with Brooklyn musician Zach Layton.
- Open House: Monday, December 9 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Holiday Open House: Saturday, December 28 from 1 to 4 p.m.